Privacy and Data Protection Policy,
and Participant Booking Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
For booking Terms and Conditions please click here.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
How Data is Collected
Website: When using www.different-travel.com you may encounter webpages with links such as 'book now', 'enquiries' or 'sign up for our e-newsletter' and upon clicking these links you will be asked to enter personal information.
Booking form: When booking a place on a challenge either directly with The Different Travel Company or through one of our authorised partners (e.g. charities, schools, businesses), you will be asked to enter personal information into a booking form. you will be asked to confirm that you give your permission for us to process your booking.
Phone, by email or in person: When contacting The Different Travel Company on the phone, by email or in person, you may be asked to provide personal information for us to provide you with information you may have requested, or some other reason such as to process a booking. Written communication, such as email, may be archived at the conclusion of our services to you.
How We use your information
- To provide travel services: Your personal information will only be passed on to the principal and to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as the airlines,
hotels, ground handler, tour manager and public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or in order for us to comply with any requirements imposed on us
by law, and to provide the services you have booked. We may also pass some of your information on to the charity which you have committed to fundraising for, such as your contact
information and proof of your booking.
Examples of information which is passed to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, tour manager and ground handler include (but are not limited to) your full name, passport details, date of birth, dietary requirements, allergies or medical conditions you may have which may be relevant to your undertaking of the event. The information provided to these suppliers will only be held for a reasonable time in order to provide your travel services.
- To keep you informed (important information about your travel arrangements): When you provide personal information we may contact you predominantly by e-mail, with important details about your travel arrangements, such as flight schedules, changes to the itinerary or other essential travel information. You will not be added to our electronic mailing list unless you specifically request to be added. We will never pass on your details to any third party for marketing purposes.
- To keep you informed (marketing): If you opt in to our electronic newsletter you will receive communication from us with information we think you may be interested in, or to personally invite you to join certain new events. you may opt out at any time and you will not be contacted in this manner again unless you opt in once again. Your name and email address will be stored in a database managed by our preferred electronic marketing partner.
- To get your opinion: When you return from an event operated by The Different Travel Company you will receive a survey by email asking for your opinion on how the event was operated. you are not obligated to respond to these surveys and you have the choice to remain anonymous.
- To improve our service: Your anonymised personal information may be used for statistical and analytical purposes in future.
Our policy about children's information
Children under 18 are not permitted to take part in our events without parental permission. Where permission is given, all events require that children under 18 are accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or a guardian in loco parentis such as teachers, tutors or authorised members of an educational establishment if the child is taking part in an educational trip organised by that establishment. Where a request is made for a child to take part in our events, parental permission must be given at the time of booking. Communication by The Different Travel Company will be channelled via the parent or guardian.
Your rights and choices
You have the right to:
- Delete data. You are entitled to request that your data held by us is deleted if it is no longer necessary to provide services to you. For avoidance of doubt, this means that if you request your data is deleted before you have taken part in an event which you are signed up for, we will not be able to process your booking and your place may be cancelled.
- Change or correct data. You are entitled to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object to, restrict, or limit the use of data. You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data at any time. you have the right to object to your data being processed for marketing or data analysis.
- Access or request your data. You are entitled to request your personal data in a format which can be copied or transferred to one IT environment to another. This will be in .csv or .xlsx format.
Security is very important to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to ensure your personal information is secure. All personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, misuse or modification, including, but not limited to, password protection, or in the case of physical documents, storage in a secure location.